Search This Blog

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Awful scary day

What an awful day!! The only time of the day I ever let my dogs outside without being on a leash is at 5:00am when nothing else is going on. They take a pee and come right back in. This morning I heard a terrible noise and a dog yelp. I knew it was my newest little buddy, Chico.
I ran outside as fast as I could to see a pick-up truck driving away and nothing else. My dh came outside right behind me and said "Lisa, Chico's right here, on the porch." He was scared and shaking. I thought, 'ok, maybe he didn't get hit by the truck.' Then I saw a couple of small abbrasions on his 'knees', his chin and his 'armpit'.
We took him to the vet to get checked out. He had no broken bones. Just a couple of 'road rash' spots, especially one under his armpit. He got some pain killers, some antibacterial cream AND his full set of shots, including rabies, which we were going to take him in for soon anyway, so at least that's done.
$178.00 later.........geesh.......I can't tell you how happy I will be when this week is done!!!
Thank goodness Chico is ok!!


3 comments:

Jaye said...

Oh! Look at that poor little baby with that horrible collar on. It looks like it's going swallow him whole.
:(

Thank goodness he's alright. It could have been so much worse, though I know you know that.

Here's to hoping the weekend and weeks ahead are so much better for you and your family!

L. said...

I'm so glad your little Chico is on the mend!

♥.•*Carol T*•.♥ said...

Hi!!
I wanted to tell you that my blog address changed, it's
http://mylittlecrochetcorner.blogspot.com/

I hope you have a great day!!
Carol