Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Nothing like it.....

First, you hear the beep of the UPS lady (I have a lady, not a UPS guy). You go out and get a box. Bring it in the house. Kids yelling 'ooo what is it? what is it?'. Me yelling...'it's mine, go away'. I open the box and what do I see? YARN!! Ahhhhhhh, there's just nothing like it, is there?

I bought some cotton yarns NY Cotton and TLC Cotton Plus because I have some ideas floating around in my head that I NEED to get swatches for. And the RH Soft for something else I have in mind. I got them all from Knitting-Warehouse.com. I just love them!!

After reading The Crochet Dude's blog this morning and he was singing the praises of the 365 Crochet Stitches a Year: Perpetual Calendar

It is a great place to get ideas for new things, and the awesome catalog of stitches is .... is....well, it's awesome!! I have it littered with bright pink sticky-notes with all kinds of new ideas floating around in my head. Hmm, I'm guessing they want out because floating around in my head can't possibly be a safe place to be...yikes!

On a very happy note....my mother called me yesterday to tell me that she is going to come down for a visit, by plane, on her own, and stay for a week. Now, this may not seem like that big a deal, but 1. keep in mind that my mother has never flown, and 2. and an ever bigger deal, is that mom has never been away from my dad for this long in over 40 years. Dad can't get away from work but mom is missing us (we miss her big time too) so much because they weren't here for Christmas because of her hip replacement surgery. She is arriving on Feb 26th, which happens to be her birthday. I can't wait. I really need some mommy time!!

2 comments:

Wanda Kay said...

You picked out some lovely yarn, can't wait to see your first project made from one of them, I know it will be lovely.

Great news about your mom, bet the kids are anxious

NewLifestyle said...

LOL, me too on the Dude's post.
I got the calender :)
Yummy yarns you got there kiddo!