Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2008

The sun still shines....somewhere

Another dreary day here in Texas....cloudy, rainy and cold but somehow I can still smile. Putting on a happy face is not that hard to do today. Hubby has been gone for a couple days and he's on his way home now...should be home in about 6 hours...so I'm happy about that, I actually missed him while he was gone...go figure.

Also, I talked to someone on the phone who I hadn't spoken to in .... hmmm... this might give away my age... 25 years. He was actually my grade 6 boyfriend...the man (well, a boy at the time) that I got my first kiss from. You know how girls are....that kind of thing we don't forget. We just found each other again on the internet (isn't it a wonderful thing, this thing we call the world wide web?) and have emailed for about 2 weeks and now have been able to talk on the phone. You know, through the years I've always thought of him and wondered how he was and what he was doing and, frankly, if he ever thought of me. Even though that is all irrelevant, it's makes you feel good in your heart to know that you made a difference in someone's life, whether you were trying to or not. He actually told me he thought I was brave for liking him when we were young.... while it made me go 'awww', at the same time it made me glad to know that I had made a difference in his life when he needed it. I guess it's the whole 'it's a wonderful life' thing. You just never know what you mean to people. It warms my heart.

See, I'm the type of person who will give you a second, third, twelfth chance and then be ready to give you another one. My hubby on the other hand is a 'you burn me once and I'm done' kind of person. I'm not saying he's right and I'm wrong or vice versa but I wonder about what an empty place my life would be if I had just cut people out of it the first time they crossed me. I can remember my mother telling me one time that she didn't understand where my 'feelings' came from because she nor my father are like that.....must be from one of my other lives.....lol.

Too trusting? Maybe. Do I wear my heart on my sleeve? Definitely. Do I get hurt because of it? Of course. Do I regret it? Not one bit. All I can think about is what I would be missing out on if I closed my heart away from everyone. It's just not worth it for me. If, for every time I get hurt I can feel love from someone, it's worth it. Naive? Possibly. Will I change? Not on your life!!

1 comment:

Yasmin said...

Beautiful thought, I agree.