Search This Blog

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Ribbed Newsboy hat

Well, we were at WalMart yesterday morning and my daughter goes to the scarf section (like you really need them in Texas.....but anywho...) and sees scarves with flowers on them, just like I made for a swap so she calls me over. "Mom, you made one just like this!!" She was amazed. Then she saw some crocheted Newsboys and falls in love with them. She actually wanted me to buy her one...puhshaw!! I told her I could make one and to go pick out the yarn. She picked out Bernat's Softee Chunky in white and I found a pattern I liked (Ribbed Newsboy Hat pattern at TepperWear's site ) and got to work. I whipped it up in no time and what did she say? "Mom, that's so awesome! I like it a lot better than the one I wanted from WalMart". Yes, I'm a star...*smile*. I had enough of the 2 skeins left to make to make her a skinny scarf. Here are a few pics. White doesn't photograph that well, so please keep that in mind. It does look very nice in person.

No comments: