Search This Blog

Friday, June 08, 2007

Pleasureable headline

Screaming Paris Hilton sent back to jail (click to go to Yahoo news story)

Should this headline really give me as much pleasure as it does? There are 2 ways of looking at this....the first one is as a mother of a teenage daughter. If my daughter broke the law I would still want to protect her and I would never want to see her go to jail.
Although, it is very difficult to see things that way when someone keeps shunning the law so fortuitously? It is very difficult to see beyond the 'I'm better than you and don't have to abide by the rules'.
I have always been a strong advocate against drinking and driving. I believe not only are you putting your own life at risk, but you are treating your vehicle as a 4000lb missile, ready to 'take someone out'. Yes, I feel very strongly about this.
So when you have someone who repeatedly drives under the influence without any concern for anyone else, what else is the 'system' to do?
I was irate when they let her out of jail yesterday because if it had been anyone else in a 'normal' tax bracket there would not have been a question about where she would have stayed. I kept wondering what we were showing to others who do or have done this. Why should Paris get special treatment because she doesn't like the food or the living quarters?
So today when I heard she was going back to jail I was so happy. I actually yelled out loud 'GOOD'.
She was taken from the courtroom screaming and calling out for her mommy. How old is she? 25? Don't you think it's time you grew up, Paris? Become and adult and take responsibility for your actions. Don't ask mommy and daddy to throw their millions around and get you out of trouble, yet again. Maybe you will learn something from this, like how to read your own mail.
Well, whether it was the right way or the wrong way to feel, I am very pleased she is back in jail, where she belongs. You do the crime, you do the time......there's no other way around it....no matter who you are!!
Paris, I hope you will learn to be a better from this and not just use it as yet another 'poor me' experience. Give the people a chance to forgive you, not hate you.


2 comments:

NewLifestyle said...

I totally agree. She needs our prayers for her today, that this may be her turning point......her time to learn, and to grow into that beautiful young woman that all can love, and be proud of.

Tina said...

I feel the same way you do. Why should she be above the law, and not have to pay the consequences for her actions?