Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Something in the air

Wow, don't know what is going on lately but a whole bunch of people have 'found' me. In the last week I've been contacted by a teacher friend of mine that I haven't heard from in about a year. A dear dear special friend who I haven't spoken to in years found me online. An aunt found me to send me a picture of the cousins I have not seen in likely about 15 years (yes, that's despicable) and a girl that I loved as my own for many years. Let me tell ya, it takes a toll on ones emotions.
I'm here in Texas living a good life but I sure do miss the people I left behind. Some days, like today, are worse than others because it all seems to hit at once. You ever notice that??
So I've been looking at pictures of loved ones and remembering my fondest of memories as I sit here, alone, listening the chimes ring 12 noon in the background.
Don't get me wrong, I don't regret my move to Texas because I do love it here, especially on a day that is supposed to reach about 77F (about 24C for you Canadians...lol) with a lovely southerly breeze. The daffodils are blooming and things are already starting to turn green. My kids are happy and healthy and doing well in school with lots of friends and doing things teenagers do. The little guy is just being a '7 year old little guy' and being a kid.
But...there are days when I wish I could get in my car and drive over to my mom's house for lunch. Go to Rhonda's house for a coffee and just chat. I do miss those things, more than anyone will ever know.


On a different note: Today is Viqui's surgery. Please, everyone who reads this, say a prayer around 5pm PST (7 CST or 8 EST) for her to get through her surgery safely and for a quick recovery.

1 comment:

NewLifestyle said...

Yes, I did remember to pray. God be with her and bless her body with all of His healing.