Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2007

The making of a Daisy ghan

Well, I finished making this ghan today...thank goodness. It seemed to take forever...maybe because it was the ONLY thing I was making for the past month. I usually get bored and work on a few things at a time but I wanted to get this done. I made it for my daughters best friend's birthday, which was Wednesday so I'm only a few days late.
BUT, try putting all the squares together with this going on.....I'm tellin' ya!!

And.....drumroll please.............the finished product!!

I just love it....even though I HATE working with black but it just turned out so nice. I hope she likes it. And yes, that is Chico's butt in the picture...he came out and laid on it right away. I had to shoo him off so I could take a picture.
FYI: I got this FANTASTIC pattern from http://krochetkrystal.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

CrochetManiacs said...

Ahhhhhhhh, that's beautiful Lisa!!! Very nice!!! You did awesome on that girl. Lordy, now I am gonna have to make me one, lol.
But I want to know just one thing, those house slippers you have on, can you show me where I can get that pattern? Those are nice, I like those. Yup, Yup, one more thing to add to my list, but them is for me :)

CrochetManiacs said...

Oh yea, looks like you had a handful of helpers there, LOL!
For sure!! :)

Kari said...

OOO It's lovely!!!! Must make one!!!

Melissa said...

It turned out Beautiful. Even with all the extra help that you had. :)
Hope she enjoyed/enjoys her new afghan

JazzRizz said...

It's beautiful Lisa!! I'm sure your daughter's BF will absolutely love it.

Great "helpers" you go there. I've got three of my own here.

~drew emborsky~ said...

That came out amazing! Well worth the effort and time! Woo hoo!

Allena said...

i love it! the black makes the colors POP!

Linda Lindley said...

I LOVE IT!!! But I am nosy!!! What slippers is Kathy talking about??? I want to see!!!
Linda

Summerysmile said...

I love the way your afghan turned out!! Beautiful! I requested that square pattern and offered to send the donated square for it but haven't heard back :(

vicki said...

lisa that is beautiful girl, i love it , can i snag the pattern from you is it on kris's site? thanks for sharing and i muse make me one too i can see it on my bed wooot thanks again dear friend hugs

misskitty1965 said...

Great Job!
Ive done this pattern but only made a few squares. Making an entire afghan's woprtth of them is quite an accomplisment!