Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2007

The making of a Daisy ghan

Well, I finished making this ghan today...thank goodness. It seemed to take forever...maybe because it was the ONLY thing I was making for the past month. I usually get bored and work on a few things at a time but I wanted to get this done. I made it for my daughters best friend's birthday, which was Wednesday so I'm only a few days late.
BUT, try putting all the squares together with this going on.....I'm tellin' ya!!

And.....drumroll please.............the finished product!!

I just love it....even though I HATE working with black but it just turned out so nice. I hope she likes it. And yes, that is Chico's butt in the picture...he came out and laid on it right away. I had to shoo him off so I could take a picture.
FYI: I got this FANTASTIC pattern from http://krochetkrystal.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

NewLifestyle said...

Ahhhhhhhh, that's beautiful Lisa!!! Very nice!!! You did awesome on that girl. Lordy, now I am gonna have to make me one, lol.
But I want to know just one thing, those house slippers you have on, can you show me where I can get that pattern? Those are nice, I like those. Yup, Yup, one more thing to add to my list, but them is for me :)

NewLifestyle said...

Oh yea, looks like you had a handful of helpers there, LOL!
For sure!! :)

Unknown said...

OOO It's lovely!!!! Must make one!!!

Melissa said...

It turned out Beautiful. Even with all the extra help that you had. :)
Hope she enjoyed/enjoys her new afghan

JazzRizz said...

It's beautiful Lisa!! I'm sure your daughter's BF will absolutely love it.

Great "helpers" you go there. I've got three of my own here.

Anonymous said...

That came out amazing! Well worth the effort and time! Woo hoo!

StarKnits said...

i love it! the black makes the colors POP!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! But I am nosy!!! What slippers is Kathy talking about??? I want to see!!!
Linda

Summerysmile said...

I love the way your afghan turned out!! Beautiful! I requested that square pattern and offered to send the donated square for it but haven't heard back :(

vicki said...

lisa that is beautiful girl, i love it , can i snag the pattern from you is it on kris's site? thanks for sharing and i muse make me one too i can see it on my bed wooot thanks again dear friend hugs

Anonymous said...

Great Job!
Ive done this pattern but only made a few squares. Making an entire afghan's woprtth of them is quite an accomplisment!